Against the Flow--Luke 12:49-56
“Where Christ is, there he always goes against the flow.”-Martin Luther
At the beginning of the sermon, Pastor Lisa asked the congregation to share when they go against the flow. Many of the members named things like standing up for what is right, being an individual, defending the faith, and the like. In my mind and in my notes, I was thinking more about HOW do you go against the flow.
In terms of Christians going against the flow of the world and its ways, I sense an urgent need to do that daily these days. When I see the acceptance of marriage between members of the same sex, I want to go against the flow. When I witness raunchy language and sexual innuendo creeping into prime time television, I want to go against the flow. When I see the leaders of our country fighting for the sake of their political party rather than what is truly best for the people, I want to go against the flow.
So how do I go against the flow...
So how do I go against the flow...
- Discerning when to go against the flow is dependent upon the Holy Spirit stirring me to action. There is a strong sense of NEED to do something or to say something. There is a nervous feeling in my stomach and a KNOWING that I have to act.
- I respond with obedience.
- I depend on the source of truth. I feel confident in doing what is grounded in Biblical truth.
- I trust in His strength and rely on the boldness of the Holy Spirit.
- I allow His power to flow through me. I let go of ME and let God use me.
- I trust in Him to finish what he started-to work it out- His will to prevail.
The FLOW is easy.
The way of the world is WIDE.
The way of The Lord is NARROW.
I must be PLUGGED into the power of the Holy Spirit.
I must yield to His power to RADICALLY transform ME.
I want to be a part of a REVOLUTION!!
The way of the world is WIDE.
The way of The Lord is NARROW.
I must be PLUGGED into the power of the Holy Spirit.
I must yield to His power to RADICALLY transform ME.
I want to be a part of a REVOLUTION!!
No comments:
Post a Comment