Sunday, September 15, 2013

From the archives--Letters of His Love

Last week's sermon on School lunch reminded me of how I floated from group to group, person to person, touching lives. Much like Christ did in his ministry.
I found this entry in my journal. I was fourteen. Amazing to see the zeal and the love I had for my friend and bus driver, Chris Smutzer.

Sunday, January 20, 1985 

Lord, I feel as if I should be on a show like "Highway to Heaven" or "The Hulk". Because I feel like I'm moving around to different places all the time. I enter into their heart but just long enough to get close then I'm on my way again.  I have just realized this with Chris (my bus driver).
I realize that my job is to just touch someone's heart but I want to do more. Lots more.
I guess I don't have enough faith that they'll come you on their own. I just want to help, so, so much.
I realized that I have felt very protective of Chris. I guess it's like a parent. I want to keep him away from anything that will harm him physically or emotionally.
Lord, I want:

  • Chris to come to be saved by your power
  • he and I to become good friends-we can go to each other for help
  • he and I to be close in later life
  • most importantly, be together with you forever and ever.
It's like asking for a miracle but I believe he's so close, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment